The Pale di San Martino and the Lagorai chain offer endless possibilities for ski-mountaineering outings of varying difficulty: from simple off-piste variants to real trekking in fascinating open spaces.
Starting from this winter season, ski mountaineering-lovers can try tracks on ski runs at moonlight, after the closing time of the slopes: On Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 04:45pm to 08:30pm
Information on the climbing and ski mountaineering school
Aquile di San Martino di Castrozza and Primiero
Office c/o Dolomiti School
Tel. 0439 768795
• Climb of Colbricon Piccolo: it is quite challenging to reach the top from Punta Ces, but the frequent encounters with chamois turn it into a unique experience.
• Climb of Cima Mulaz: from Baita Segantini an exciting descent along Val Venegia and then up to the 2906 metres of Cima Mulaz, to then descend again to the valley floor. Only for the more experienced.
• Cima Laste: ski mountaineering outing in the Lagorai area, in a beautiful landscape through larches and stone pines. Gorgeous views of the Pale di San Martino and the Lagorai, and from the top you can see many Dolomites groups.
• Cima Juribrutto: ski mountaineering outing in the Lagorai area, in a unique environment where the First World War front used to run.
• Forcella Sternozzena: ski mountaineering outing in a little known area of the Lagorai, offering unforgettable emotions in an unspoilt and unique environment.
• Cima Bocche: ski mountaineering outing in the Lagorai area, in the highest porphyritic massif between Cima Laste and Juribrutto, where you can enjoy a 360-degree view.
• Cima Paradisi: ski mountaineering outing to the heart of the Lagorai, in an area still uncontaminated that offers splendid views of the Cima d’Asta massif and the Lagorai Range. On the summit, First World War traces.
• Cima Folga: a lovely, very satisfying route; the surrounding environment is totally unspoilt and secluded, perfectly representing the Lagorai Group.
• Crossing of the Fradusta glacier: an extraordinary environment, a gem of ski mountaineering and one of the finest classic Dolomites crossings.
• Cima d’Asta: a ski mountaineering outing quite challenging from a physical point of view, through a wild and scarcely visited area. A dream destination for any ski mountaineer. From the summit you can rest your eyes on all the surrounding peaks, with a view that goes beyond imagination.
• Val Pradidali’s gully: the easy access and the descent along the gully in Val Pradidali are an example of high-level Dolomites Freeride.